CookingPress is a WordPress theme for foodies. This recipe theme will let you share all your recipes and cooking tips with wide audience. It’s one of the first WordPress recipe themes with support for Google Recipe View. What does it mean? it means that your blog will be understand not only by people, but also by search engines.
Each recipe is created via easy to use creator (with features like ingriedients autocompletion) and shown in standarized markup, valid with hRecipe format or Schema.org format (you can decide which one you prefer). When recipe information is marked up in web pages, Google may use that information to show rich snippets for recipe results, and for inclusion in Google with Recipe View.
schema.org is a collaboration by Google, Microsoft, and Yahoo! to improve the web by creating a structured data markup schema supported by major search engines. On-page markup helps search engines understand the information on webpages and provide richer results.
Learn more on www.schema.org.
hRecipe is a simple, open, distributed format, suitable for embedding information about recipes for cooking in (X)HTML, Atom, RSS, and arbitrary XML. hRecipe is one of several microformats open standards.
Learn more http://microformats.org/wiki/hrecipe.
It’s also responsive theme, it means that it will adapt to the device it’s viewed on. Let’s imagine situation when visitor of your blog really wants to make your recipe, but he don’t have a printer. With CookingPress he can just open it on iPad or iPhone, and take it to kitchen. Recipe will adapt to browser size, and he will see just things that are important to him. And even more, each ingriedient and instruction (if it’s a list) has checkbox next to it. Just touch it, click it, and mark it as done!
Adding recipes is easy, check screencast
- HTML5 & CSS3 (real html5 markup, not only doctype ;))
- Responsive design
- support for hRecipe and Schema.org
- 3 layouts to display posts (grid view, excerpt mode and full posts)
- Left or right sidebar
- Recipe creator
- 4 Designs
- Localization (.po and .mo file)
- Shorcode, page templates
- CodaSlider and FlexSlider
Theme options panel
What can you do with theme options in CookingPress
- Upload logo
- Exclude categories from homepage
- Change layout versions
- Decide which Post meta elements show (Date, Author, Category, Time..)
- Create your own custom colour scheme
- Change fonts
- ..and more
Do you miss any feature?
Ask me to do it, I’m constantly looking for ways to improve my themes.
Credits for all authors of jquery plugins I’ve used in themes and all authors of icons.
- Premium Pixels
- Lauren Thompson for Nymphette fonts
- SubtlePatterns for backgrounds
- authors of all jQuery plugins used in theme:
- All photos used in Live Preview are from culinary blog http://www.wkuchni.pure.pl/ by me and my fiance, and we are authors of these photos. They are copyrighted and not available for use.
- Sample recipes on blog are from Paula opensourcefood.com/people/Paula
Lascia un commento